Monday, January 18, 2010

A little more poetry

yet again, another one with no date! This was done back in College..quite literal. I was on campus, it was a beautiful day and I looked up to the main street, and saw the site below go riding by. I wondered where he was headed. What was he doing that was important enough that even crutches wouldn't get in his way?


Motorcycle Man with a Crutch

Rumblings in the afternoon led me to look at a
street level sight -
his hand was balanced on a thigh dirty from oil
changes and beer chugging contests; things done to
fill a void.
One crutch reaching out the back and swaying
ever so slightly in the wind.
Aqua blue is the color of choice, clashing with
dark ideas and leather tired skin.
No injury can stay this man; mid November and
still riding tar worn roads to nowhere.
There is no back seat rider clutching at his waist
on this breezy November day.
I put myself as that back seat rider without a
destination; without a reason to sit still-grasping
onto a chest that likes to feel nails digging through fabric,
to flesh.
Pondering the rumblings of the afternoon, I think of
what it would be like to share a drink or two with a man
steeped in leather.
It would be a meeting of few words and honest looks; well
worth the dirt in my hair and the sweat on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment