Monday, March 8, 2010

Cooking and stuff

Made myself a great dinner tonight. Cod (from whole foods) which was already lightly breaded with garlic and lemon, sauteed it on the stove, and made some couscous to go with. It was VERY yummy. I'm so full. I have enough left over for lunch, but I'm leaning towards a salad - alfalfa sprouts and craisins and almonds Oh MY! Love me some salad. :)

It's been a crazy tiring several days. Got vomitus sick last wednesday, called out of work and of course, as my mind works, felt guilty about it. WHO does this?!? So many people call out and don't give a shit. Me? I lay in bed sick as a dog and wonder if anyone at work is mad at me cause I'm out. I'm out for a legitimate sickness and I sit at home and feel terrible I'm not working. It's dumb. I know this.
Thursday and Friday were scheduled vacation as Abby's daycare is closed for vacation. Thursday was recoup day, watching movies, and hanging out. Friday was the kids Musuem, (as detailed in prior post) and then late Friday night the peanut got the ick. It was not funny or fun. Nothing worse than watching your child be freaked out that she threw up and there is no way to stop it. I put her in the tub and cleaned her off standing up, (she cried the entire time by the way which of course made me feel worse) and then I put her in my bed. Yep, you guessed it, she yaked in my bed. Needless to say I felt sooo bad. I slept on the living room floor while she slept on the couch. It's just what you do. At 6am I was up, cleaning, disinfecting and otherwise putting our little home back together. By noon she was so much better and you'd almost never know she'd been sick. I was non stop, doing laundry, etc all day and at 9pm my body yelled at me and I went to sleep.
Sunday was better - beautiful outside and perfect for the park. Slides and swings...what's better? We had fun until she fell and bloodied her nose. (sigh) I felt terrible, and she handled it pretty well. but nothing ends a park trip like blood. All in all, a good weekend, but honestly, I'm still tired. She's with her dad this week - closed daycare. She'll have fun, as I know she always does. :)

In the meantime I'm busy at work, and busy in my head. Friends to see this week, and maybe the guy I'm dating - which I still have no idea what to do about. I haven't seen him in a month at this point though we talk all the time. Its a conundrum to say the least. Trying to move forward and not backward, or at the very least sideways. Pay off one bill, on to the next. Be a great mom, be a better me and have some fun at the same time. Manage it all and still laugh and smile and not let negative voices overtake the happy ones. It's a battle. I think I'm winning. However it is only Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment